- I'm definitely a coffee drinker though I refuse to spend a ridiculous amount of money on it. I buy cheap and flavor it myself with spices.
- My best friend’s name is Sarah. I named the character in my book “In the Service of Women” after her since she’s my closest female friend and I absolutely love her.
- The last person I spoke to on the phone was my ex-husband (and closest male friend), Jon.
- My favorite underthings are geared more toward comfort than seduction (though I have those as well). Boy shorts and sports bras make more sense when you sit in a house working alone all day.
- When I write, I can’t listen to music with too many words. Therefore, I tend to choose Sade, Enigma, and various classical selections (no, I know nothing about it – I just know what I like) on Pandora.
- The first thing I notice about people is their attitude. Does their posture scream “keep away” or do they seem open and friendly? Since I’m the latter – and have never met a stranger – I actually gravitate toward the former, pulling them out of their grumps and making them smile. Drives my family NUTS.
- My favorite holiday is Mother’s Day. It is my single greatest accomplishment, no matter what else I manage to do in my life. My teens are incredible.
- I prefer dark chocolate (if I eat it at all) but my favorite snack is sliced fruit and cheese.
- I just finished ALL of Robin Schone’s books (again) and am now reading Emma Holly’s “Strange Attractions” for the 3rd time. When I’m working (ie: last 5 months) I choose books I’ve already read so I can walk away from it. Otherwise, I’d sit and read it straight through.
- No. I’m not shy in the slightest. I tend to blush (violently) but only because either a thought that flies through my head or something I said out loud smacks me after the fact. However, I rarely regret it.
- My favorite flowers if purchased are Gerber daisies or mums.
- Yes. I was telling the truth when I mentioned I’m well-versed in the mechanics and use of firearms. I’ve been around guns since I was little and was taught to respect them but know them.
- Only my ears are pierced and I have one small tribal tattoo on my sternum.
A Few More Random Facts About Shayne
By request, here are a few more answers followers had about me personally:
Posted by Shayne McClendon